Zoom Web Conferencing
All you will need a computer with a microphone and a camera.
There are lots of questions about our use of Zoom. Some comments that may be of help in your personal risk assessment of its use by you.
- Keep your Zoom software up to date. If offered an update, then install it.
- The UK Government use it for daily briefings, it is widely in use by the NHS, the BBC, W.I. The Quakers and The Royal family.
- We are not sharing state secrets or sensitive personal information.
- If you are the convenor, use ‘the waiting room’ and only let in the people you know.
- All meetings now have passwords and if you are late to a session, you will have to be explicitly admitted by your Zoom session convener.
- Make sure there is nothing viewable in your room, on your wall or background that could be of use to fraudsters.
- This is a personal choice that we have to make. Do your own personal risk assessment and make your own decision.
- A philosophical point: We all choose to cross the road when we think that the benefit makes the risk acceptable.
- Good luck to you all, and I hope this helps.