Programme Secretary Role and Job Description
(updated September 2019)
- Try and achieve a varied and balanced programme. Budget £700 per annum
- Research and contact Speakers- ask about fees, expenses, equipment requirements, TITLE of the talk. Give out information re venue, facilitiesand parking. Mainly by email
- Check about two weeks before the monthly meeting that the speaker has all the information they need. Let the Treasurer know the fee
- Meet the speaker on the day or designate someone else
- Ask someone to give a vote of thanks
- Let the membership secretary have the programme for the following session September – August by the beginning of July ready for printing the membership cards. Also to the webmaster
- Have a separate list for the Secretary with the addition of the speaker’s contact details, fee, and equipment needs – just in case!
- Details of each speaker to the poster designer at least 2 months before. Posters have to be ready for distribution at the committee meeting the month before ie April committee meeting for the May speaker
- Email technician at Victoria Hall at the latest one week before the meeting to let him know the requirements of the speaker. Always ask for confirmation of receipt of email.
Kath Mason – September 2019